Welcome to the last Pals Blog Hop of 2014. This month we want to help you start your holiday wish list by sharing projects featuring our favorite Stampin’ Up! papers, stamps, tools and accessories. Get your wish list ready as you move along through the blog hop.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Nicole Watt at the Pixel Maven’s Retreat, number 23 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the projects.
Yes, it’s December. Yes, you feel guilty cause you’re here admiring all the beauty that is the Pals December Blog Hop when you have a thousand other things you really should be doing. But hey, no sweat! Sit back, relax, drink a cup of coffee, tea, cocoa, or tequila, and let’s get the party started!
So in betwixt and between all the things yours truly should have been doing, I spent some time making gift tags for the presents that I have yet to buy and wrap. I really liked the Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper and so I made my tags using that as my inspiration. I love the mix of Calypso Coral with the Brown Sugar, Soft Sky, and the traditional red and green.
Now, unfortunately, as I sat down to work I realized that the green in the pattern is Garden Green, of which I have zip, zero, zilch. But not to fear, I DID have a Garden Green Stampin’ Write Marker, so I just colored the smaller stamping images so I could fudge not having a full pad of ink. Oh, and no Garden Green card stock, either, BT Dubs!
If you’re like me you probably have about a thousand holiday stamping images and sets to choose from. So rather than just stick with one simple set, I used a couple of different ones: Letterpress Winter, Cheerful Christmas, and Christmas Tagables. The snowflakes were made using the Festive Flurry framelits.
Let me tell you, it was a lot of fun cutting out all those circles. Yeah, it was. And I got to color in the little hearts on the big tags…I love to color. Sigh. Oh, for the simplicity that was kindergarten… And yes, Virginia, there still is a need for eyelets. I hate to have ripped tags, so I added them.
Okay, you’ve been here long enough – time to get the show on the road! Here’s hoping your holidays are bright and your “winter wishes” are granted!
The next stop is Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery, number 25 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you in 2015.
Winter Wishes Blog Hop Lineup:
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sunshine
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- September Gray at www.septembergray.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Nancy Gleason at MyStampinSpace
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore Yup, you’re right here, just checkin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Deb Cozzone at Deb Cozzone’s Stamping Zone
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomWithBecky
Here are the supplies I used to make my tags: (note: at the time I wrote this post the Festive Flurry dies were still available in the closeout section. I’m sorry to say that they are now sold out).