Thank you so much for joining us today. Sit back and enjoy the view while the Stampin’ Pretty Pals treat you with their wickedly folded projects. Whether you’re just starting the Hop or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Growing old is not for sissies, am I right? I only mention this because I have spent the last several weeks in physical therapy for various aches and pains. And I mention it here because my therapist is expecting her first baby in November and I wanted to make her an extra-special card to celebrate.
She’s having a girl. And I know she likes pink.
And here is what it looks like when you open it up:
Now just so we don’t all get our knickers in a twist (talk about wicked folds!) and in full disclosure I used a couple of retired stamp sets for this project. But obviously you could use any stamp and any paper to do it. I just am still in love with these retired sets!
- Card stock: Powder Pink
- Designer Series Paper: Fresh Florals and Whole Lot of Lovely (this one is a fave, and available now in our Buy 3 get 1 Free sale all month)!
- Fold Design: many thanks to “Beccy’s Place – the Blog” for a reference library full of lots and lots of fancy folds
- Closing the card: the left flap folds down first, then the right, and then the bottom flap comes up and tucks under the left flap
Tips and Tricks:
- This is not an easy fold to make, mostly because you need a 12 x 12 piece of card stock to make an equilateral triangle and it’s almost impossible to use a paper trimmer to make smooth edges, which means you need to do some hand cutting or use a craft knife. In addition, getting the Designer Series Paper cut just right to fit the various triangle-shaped and parallelogram-shaped pieces was definitely a case of measure twice, cut many, many times! LOL
- I think if I had had the time (and my husband’s engineering help) it would have been easier to do with more precise measurements in the instructions. (There were no measurements for the pieces of DSP, for example).
Now get out there, finish the Hop, and do something creative today!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next Hop on November 8, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment.