Prehistoric Pals? Well, duh!
Hey, I’m a craft carnivore, so of course I’m going to go all prehistoric pals on you! Who doesn’t love a good dinosaur? May is crazy busy with birthdays here; I just couldn’t resist pulling out this set from SugarPea Designs called Cute-a-Saurus. I love that the stamps have matching cutting dies! I also love the fonts and sentiments used in this set.
I CASE’d* this card from the SugarPea Designs website while changing up a few things. I used Copic markers to color in the die cuts (somewhat successfully if you don’t look too hard). The tree is a little messy, but those markers really work well when they have a lot of juice in them! * Copy and Share Everything
- The yellow mat and the starry banner are both from the It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack from Stampin’ Up!
- The card stock is also Stampin’ Up!: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, and Soft Sky.
- The die cut stitched frame and circle are from My Favorite Things; the little stitched hill is from Lawn Fawn.
- I used Versamark Fine Black ink to get a nice, crisp image from the stamps, especially since I was stamping sentiments onto brightly colored card stock.
- And as always, accurate placement and stamping every time with the Mini Misti!
Here’s a look at the inside of the card, again using a stamp with the matching die cut and coloring it with Copics:
And just in case you were wondering, the card was for my twenty-nine year old DD, who has always loved dinosaurs! Next time I will show you the card I made her when she recently got her PhD in Biomedical Science from George Washington University. (Sorry, but I’m just so dang proud of her)!