Prehistoric Pals? Well, duh!
Hey, I’m a craft carnivore, so of course I’m going to go all prehistoric pals on you! Who doesn’t love a good dinosaur? May is crazy busy with birthdays here; I just couldn’t resist pulling out this set from SugarPea Designs called Cute-a-Saurus. I love that the stamps have matching cutting dies! I also love the fonts and sentiments used in this set.
I CASE’d* this card from the SugarPea Designs website while changing up a few things. I used Copic markers to color in the die cuts (somewhat successfully if you don’t look too hard). The tree is a little messy, but those markers really work well when they have a lot of juice in them! * Copy and Share Everything
- The yellow mat and the starry banner are both from the It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack from Stampin’ Up!
- The card stock is also Stampin’ Up!: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, and Soft Sky.
- The die cut stitched frame and circle are from My Favorite Things; the little stitched hill is from Lawn Fawn.
- I used Versamark Fine Black ink to get a nice, crisp image from the stamps, especially since I was stamping sentiments onto brightly colored card stock.
- And as always, accurate placement and stamping every time with the Mini Misti!
Here’s a look at the inside of the card, again using a stamp with the matching die cut and coloring it with Copics:
And just in case you were wondering, the card was for my twenty-nine year old DD, who has always loved dinosaurs! Next time I will show you the card I made her when she recently got her PhD in Biomedical Science from George Washington University. (Sorry, but I’m just so dang proud of her)!
One thought on “Killer Cute Prehistoric Pals”
Love that you are using non-SU products. Super cute card. Know the DD loved it.
Comments are closed.