Pals Blog Hop Jan 2015
Welcome to the first Pals Blog Hop of 2015. We hope your new year is off to a great creative start. To celebrate the start of a new Stampin’ Up! year, we are showcasing products from our newest catalog this month – the Occasions catalog. You may also see new Sale-a-bration products too. If you don’t know how to earn free Sale-a-bration products – contact me to learn more.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Angie at Paper Luxuries. Use the full lineup below to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the new projects.
I don’t know about you, but I’m always at a loss for masculine-style cards. I think I still probably am, at least for younger guys, but I was inspired to make the card below with older gentlemen in mind. I mean, who doesn’t love a good bow tie? And as I stated in my previous post, I just love the Bow Builder punch that was just released in the Spring Occasions catalog. So I perused my Pinterest boards and saw some cards using the Bigz Bow Builder and thought maybe I would try my hand at one with the new punch. It was actually easier to make than I thought, and very simple in its design.
I love the Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper Pack from the Annual Catalog – mostly because I love the accents of Bermuda Bay that run through it. And the flip side of the paper made a cool collar! I grabbed another sheet from the pack to make the bow.
The shirt is simply a piece of card stock cut 5.5″ x 8.5″ and scored at 2 1/8″ on both sides of the long sides of the paper. The edges will meet at the front and simply fold the inner corners to the outside to make the collar. I used adhesive on the bottom inside of the card only, so I could put in an insert. Adding the bow tie further secures the shirt closed.
I cut a piece of Bermuda Bay at 4″x5″ and a piece of Whisper White at 3¾”x 4¾” to mount on top of the insert. And I love this new stamp set – Simply Wonderful – which you can get yourself for FREE during Sale-a-Bration – it’s very versatile and has some fun phrases! (The supplies I used are listed at the very end of this post).
So what are you waiting for? You can get FREE stuff – who doesn’t like that? And there are so many ways to earn those delicious new products – AND you don’t have to go to the mall, leave the house, or even get dressed to get them (but you might want to have at least some clothes on, in case you forget you have a web camera and somebody left it on…not that I have any personal experience with that, I’m just sayin’)!! 😉
The next stop on the Pals Blog Hop is Lynn at Stampin with Avery’s Owelry! Thanks for visiting and I’ll see you next month.
Here is the full lineup for the Pals Blog Hop Jan 2015:
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Michelle Quinno at Shell’s Life
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin’ Ink
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits From Dawn
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore ⇐ Yes, you made it! Here you are, almost done!
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Shannon K Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Pamela Sadller at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon
Here are the products I used to make my card: