Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop August 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects using our favorite Stampin’ Up! cutting tools. There are so many wonderful punches, framelits and edgelits available that help make papercrafting more detailed and fun! We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link at Stamp with Brian or from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Did you know? The new Stampin’ Up! framelits come with extra dies! Take a look:
There are THREE extra dies in this set: Yay! 1, Yay! 2, and Yay! 3 For this month’s project I took the Yay!2 die (just go with it) and made a stamp from it – bet you didn’t know you could do that, right? Just take a piece of Fun Foam and run it through the Big Shot using the die. I added some repositionable adhesive to the foam and then used it like a stamp! I stamped it on some clear heat-resistant acetate and embossed it with embossing powder to make this adorable window card:
Tips and tricks for making this card
- I used the Yay! 2 die from the May Flowers Framelits (as shown above) to cut the frame inside my card base and in the card front.
- Line up the base and front and hold them in place with some washi tape (you need to put the acetate window in between the card front and the card base) and then run them through the Big Shot together; this gives you perfect placement to line up the embossed acetate.
- The “thank you” sentiment is from the new Thoughtful Branches bundle (#144328). But it’s only available till the end of August!
- I hope you noticed that yes, I did indeed heat emboss that tiny staple so it would match the card!
- The May Flowers framelits coordinate with the Falling Flowers stamp set (Bundle #142329).
There are several framelit sets in the Annual Catalog that also have extra dies – what a great way to expand your dies and still have them coordinate with a stamp set!! Be sure to check out the Bundles page in the online catalog by clicking HERE and you will see what I mean. Oh, and bundles give a better value – save 10%!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, go to Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds or refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore Hey! You! You’re here!
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin Jackie
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine