Now that I’ve finally had a chance to play with some new stuff, I want to tell you about the faux wood frame I made for a card using the Floral Statements stamp set.
One of the newest trends in embossing is texture, and to that end we now carry a few Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folders. Today I’ll be sharing with you the Pinewood Planks embossing folder and what I did to make this faux wood frame:
Looks pretty cool, right? Here’s what you do:
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Thick cardstock 4¼” x 5½” (I like the heavier card stock for the Dynamic embossing folders, because they create a deep impression)
- Using the Soft Suede Classic Ink pad, open up the embossing folder and tap the ink over the side that has the raised markings
- Place the cut cardstock piece inside the embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot
- Remove the cardstock and clean up the mess you made on that embossing folder 😉
- Now take a piece of sponge or a sponge dauber, and gently apply the ink colors that follow, in the order they are listed:
- Basic Black
- Chocolate Chip
- Soft Suede
- So Saffron
You want to be sure that you’re just lightly running the sponge over the paper – the side that we’re using has indentations, so it’s debossed, and there are no “ridges” to catch the ink. And you don’t need to fully cover the paper with each color; a little goes a long way in this case.
And there you have it? What do you think? Doesn’t really look at all like there that piece of card stock wasn’t brown to begin with! I really the way it turned out, so I decided to use an oval die to make a faux wood frame to use with the Floral Sentiments stamp.
Now come on, get out there and do something creative today!