Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper
You know, you really don’t need to spend a lot of time on stamping to produce a project that is much simpler to make but still a thing of beauty. That’s one of the many things I love about the Designer Series Paper from Stampin’ Up! You can, of course, make your stamping the focal point of your project, but if you want to put something together in a relatively short amount of time, just go with the paper.
This is my last in a series of posts about the Abstract Impressions stamp set and, today, the Garden Impressions 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. Here is my project:
For this card the Garden Impressions DSP (Designer Series Paper) takes center stage. I absolutely adore this paper and this combination of colors. Don’t you agree that it’s elegant? And it was very easy to put together, too.
- I used Night of Navy card stock for a regular sized A2 card base
- I put a panel of So Saffron card at 3 ¾” x 5″
- I cut a piece of the DSP at 3 ½” x 4 ¾”
- When you assemble the card adhere the DSP to the So Saffron first, then tie the Night of Navy Baker’s Twine around the panel. Once that’s done go ahead and attach it to the card base.
- For the banner, I stamped the sentiment multiple times (using my Stamparatus) in Night of Navy on a scrap piece of So Saffron card stock, trimmed it, and then punched the left side using the Triple Banner Punch.
** What you can’t see is that on the inside of the card I attached a 4″ x 5¼” piece of So Saffron and then ran a small piece of the DSP (4″ x ¼”) horizontally across the bottom (I placed it about a ¼” up from the bottom of the So Saffron panel). **
Simple, easy, and yet still elegant. Next time you need a card in a hurry just grab some of that DSP and you’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll be finished!
Now go see if you can do something creative today!