Welcome to the Families First Pals Blog Hop for April 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or you may have come from Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper, number 4 on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you can see all the projects.
Family is not an important thing. It’s everything. ~ Michael J. Fox
Which is such a beautiful sentiment. And I really do love my family. But sometimes,
my family is just one tent away from a full-blown circus.
I know you feel me on that one! But today I want to focus on the newest part of my family, and here he is:
Isn’t he just too cute? That’s my grandson. Or are you amazed at the products I used to make my layout? You are seeing one of the new In Colors from the next Annual Catalog, Lemon Lime Twist. And that’s the Eastern Palace Suite of paper and embellishments that you’re drooling over. I am over the moon about the gold vinyl stickers that you can get to complement your designs. Makes you really long for June 1st, doesn’t it? (But keep reading, there’s a surprise in store).
I hope you noticed the design on my grandson’s little pants … yup, the Jurassic Crafter made darn sure that the little one had something with a dinosaur on it. Duh! We were out in the backyard at my daughter’s house blowing bubbles. I have wanted to do a layout for a while now and when I saw the new colors I knew just what I wanted to do.
I only ran into two problems:
- As I sat crafting I kept wishing that the blue color in this color combo had already been released so I could use it in my layout. It wasn’t until I had finished it and photographed it that I realized (with a smack to my head), that’s DAPPER DENIM, you big dummy. Oy! (For the uninitiated, Dapper Denim is one of the 2016-2018 In Colors that we already have).
- Have you ever tried to find just the clear sequins in a tiny container that also contains white, gold, and black sequins? No? Well, I highly recommend it as a treatment for insomnia. But not for insanity. Just sayin’.
Before I let you go, I want you to know that Stampin’ Up! is releasing this beautiful Eastern suite early, so you will be able to order it for yourself beginning next month. Yay!
Thanks for visiting!
To continue with the hop, please click here to go visit my friend Nicole Watt, or refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop! Until then, stay crafty, my friends!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore ♥ This is your GPS. You are here.
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards