Welcome to the Pals’ November 2017 Blog Hop featuring some “Anything But a Card” projects. Thank you so much for joining us today. Sit back and enjoy the view while the Stampin’ Pretty Pals wow you with projects like home décor items, gifts and 3-D items and maybe even some card sets.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
W.C. Fields is credited with saying
«Never work with animals or children»
Today I am going to make my own quote:
«Never work with Glimmer Paper and Accordian Folds»
You know I love our Glimmer Paper more than my luggage, cause it’s tough and can take a beating, but for my project today I struggled with all the accordion folds needed for my Carousel Book. In addition, I was covered in Glimmer by the time I was done.
I went to Split Coast Stampers to find a 3-D project to share with you, and as soon as I saw this “Carousel Storyteller Book” by Bibiana I knew it was what I wanted to attempt. I’m pleased with how it turned out, and I think it’s going to look stunning sitting on my mantel at Christmas and through the holidays.
Carousel Book Insights
- This is not for beginners. I’d say it took me between 12-15 hours worth of work.
- I was determined to make the Carousel Book using only current Stampin’ Up! products, but caved on one of the panels where I stamped using our retired White Stazon ink. (Love that stuff). I also used ¾” Sookwang Tape for the cover.
- I used Window Sheets to line the inside panels because I wanted to be able to “suspend” images as if by magic!
- I’m thinking of attaching some Chibbi lights to the inside so I can illuminate it when I display it.
- Cut and fold all pieces before you get started. Assembly line production is a huge time saver.
- You will need 2 packs of Designer Series Specialty Paper if you want to use the same card stock for the whole project.
- You will need 2 packs of Glimmer Paper and 2 packs of Metallic Paper, all in Gold and Silver.
- You will need to both watch Bibiana’s video AND read the step by step instructions because the video has no speaking and the step by step instructions aren’t complete.
- I did not use a hot glue gun, as the instructions indicate, to attach the book to the cover, but the Sookwang tape I reference above.
- No need to buy chipboard – I just used the cardboard that comes in the packs of Designer Series Paper.
Carousel Book Video
(Here you can see all the panels and the book closed and fully opened. It’s only about 70 seconds).
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on December 13, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. (We really like that).
Here are the products I used; clicking on a link will take you to my online story