W.C. Fields is credited with saying
«Never work with animals or children»
Today I am going to make my own quote:
«Never work with Glimmer Paper and Accordian Folds»
You know I love our Glimmer Paper more than my luggage, cause it’s tough and can take a beating, but for my project today I struggled with all the accordion folds needed for my Carousel Book. In addition, I was covered in Glimmer by the time I was done.
I went to Split Coast Stampers to find a 3-D project to share with you, and as soon as I saw this “Carousel Storyteller Book” by Bibiana I knew it was what I wanted to attempt. I’m pleased with how it turned out, and I think it’s going to look stunning sitting on my mantel at Christmas and through the holidays.
Carousel Book Insights
- This is not for beginners. I’d say it took me between 12-15 hours worth of work.
- I was determined to make the Carousel Book using only current Stampin’ Up! products, but caved on one of the panels where I stamped using our retired White Stazon ink. (Love that stuff). I also used ¾” Sookwang Tape for the cover.
- I used Window Sheets to line the inside panels because I wanted to be able to “suspend” images as if by magic!
- I’m thinking of attaching some Chibbi lights to the inside so I can illuminate it when I display it.
- Cut and fold all pieces before you get started. Assembly line production is a huge time saver.
- You will need 2 packs of Designer Series Specialty Paper if you want to use the same card stock for the whole project.
- You will need 2 packs of Glimmer Paper and 2 packs of Metallic Paper, all in Gold and Silver.
- You will need to both watch Bibiana’s video AND read the step by step instructions because the video has no speaking and the step by step instructions aren’t complete.
- I did not use a hot glue gun, as the instructions indicate, to attach the book to the cover, but the Sookwang tape I reference above.
- No need to buy chipboard – I just used the cardboard that comes in the packs of Designer Series Paper.
Thanks for visiting! Come back soon!
13 thoughts on “Holiday Carousel Book”
OH….MY….GOSH!!!!!! that is absolutely magnificent. you do great work.
Absolutely–Positively-Magnificent! Would love to see a complete video and working instructions on this project. This would make a beautiful memory gift to give to ONLY someone very special.
Thanks! You can find instructions on Splitcoaststampers.com. Just look for tutorials by Bibiana.
this is absolutely gorgeous, wish I knew how to make one.
Amy, I have never seen one of these before and it is OTT gorgeous! I had to chuckle (just a little) at your new quote because I scrolled to your project first before reading your post and thought “oh, that glimmer paper is murder to do accordian folds” – I believe I had an experience a few years back that still haunts me LOL. In the end, it was worth it and so much more! Spectacular!!
Thanks, Debbie! Glad to know I’m not the only one who has suffered, haha!
Absolutely Beautiful! I hear you on the ‘Glimmer Paper’! Look at this way…now your ‘sparkling’ personality is exuding, all over you! Just signed up to your blog…looking forward to you other projects of love…this is right up my alley!
Thanks, Cheryl! I love spending inordinate amounts of time on little projects that no one but other crafters can appreciate, haha!
OH MY GOSH!!!! UNBELIEVABLE! I always enjoy reading your blog but this baby is OVER THE TOP!!! You have much more patience that I, my friend, and contrary to W.C. Fields…I work with children! 🙂 Have a great day! I don’t know how you will ever “top” this project. Please share photo when you light it up.
Thanks, Miss Jeanie! I will post a pic for sure!
Clever, clever and so beautiful Amy. This is definitely my favorite of the hop this month.
Comments are closed.