Welcome to the June 2017 Pals’ Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month’s theme, Pick a “B”, features projects inspired by Babies, Birthdays, Brides, and Books, just to name few. You might just get a glimpse of new catalog products while you hop with us today.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or you have come from my dear friend Jeanie Stark, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
B is for Book
So I’ve told you that my favorite new product suite is the Birthday Delivery set, right? While I sat brainstorming (aah, another B), I kept thinking about how the art work in that suite would be perfect for a children’s book. Oh, right, Book begins with B! Problem solved! (And while we’re on the topic, I think the little critters in this suite could be right out of something by Richard Scarry).
Well, I am a librarian, after all, so Book it is. A Squash Book, that is. Yup, one of those all folded up types that seems impossible to get back together once you’ve opened it, am I right?
I have made many of these before, but this time I decided to use 12 x 12 paper, so the book comes out as 6 x 6. Here’s the cover:
I die cut the images from the Designer Series Paper and then die cut a piece of matching fun foam to adhere them to for added stability. Remember, each square is 6 x 6, so here’s the short person trying to get a full picture of the whole thing opened up:
I managed to get a couple of pop-ups in there, as well:
I used the sentiments from the Birthday Delivery set and just one sentiment from Happy Birthday Gorgeous (Party Time).
And yes, those little balloons have strings. And yes, I’m losing my mind! Haha!
There you have it. Now it’s time to close the book on this post.
Now get out there and do something creative today!
Thanks again for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on July 12th. We’re having a pattern party! Now hop along to the next in line, Pamela Sandler or by using the Blog Hop Line-up below. See you on July 12th for the next Pals’ Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore Ü here we are!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art