Welcome to the July 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month we’re having a Pattern Party! Hoppers will feature projects using their favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper and coordinating embellishments. After all, color coordination is a Stampin’ Up! Strength.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from visiting my friend Rae‘s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Pattern Party 2017
“Welcome to the party, Pal!” That’s a movie quote; any guesses as to who said it and in what movie? Just thought I’d toss out a little trivia while you’re hopping today.
Sometimes it can be really hard to work with patterns. I know I certainly struggle when I’m trying to coordinate my clothing. (Fail). What’s great about the Designer Series Paper from Stampin’ Up! is that they’ve done all the hard work for you. Every single pack of designer paper has a “recipe” of matching colors so you can never go wrong.
Another great thing about Designer Series Paper (we’re just gonna call it DSP for the rest of this post) is that it is so beautiful that you don’t even need to add anything to it. You can just use it right out of the package as a simple background on a card base and you could call it a day!
I love the combination of Pool Party and Tranquil Tide, don’t you? What makes this card so fun and breezy is that the DSP has done all the hard work. I simply highlighted the floral pattern by mounting it onto Tranquil Tide cardstock. I fussy cut the little flower that is on the left corner just above the sentiment – so basically the only stamping I did was putting the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock with Tranquil Tide ink.
It makes a big visual impact but you don’t have to slave away for hours to make it. Is there anything better than that? I certainly don’t think so! The trick to making this card look so good is to cut the matting just a teeny bit bigger than the DSP and Whisper White cardstock. In this case, the border around both pieces is ⅛”.
Okay, enough about me. Get out there and do something creative today – even if it’s just going through this Blog Hop – that counts! Your next stop is Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’. You’ll love her blog – she does beautiful work!
Here’s today’s Blog Hop lineup:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore You are here (metaphysically)
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
Are you loving this card? You can get all the supplies you need right here:
Looking for the trivia answer? Bruce Willis as John McClane in Die Hard (the first movie in the series)